Thank you for visiting our site and/or YouTube channel. For any of you that are curious, my husband and I operate our blog and YouTube channel full-time. Maintaining a blog and being content creators takes a good bit of time and work. If you are enjoying our YouTube channel and the information we are sharing, then we would be grateful if you could support us in any way you can!
What it Takes to Maintain our Channel & Blog
For any of you that are curious, we spend A LOT of time on our channel! Here is an overview of how long various tasks take for YouTube and the blog, and if you add them up, maintaining our blog is easily a part-time to full-time job!
- Filming video (2-4 hours / each): My husband and I both film while I do a set of nails. Combined we end up filming between 2 – 4 hours for a single video.
- Editing video (4-8 hours / each): After we get the footage we need, we need to transfer the clips onto each of our computers and and import them into Adobe Premiere Pro ($50/month membership) to turn them into a nice concise video that is enjoyable to watch.
- Exporting video (2 – 3 hours / each): Now that our videos are in 4K, they take an extremely long time to export to our final video. This ties up our computers for a few hours so this is usually where we can squeeze in some other work.
- Uploading video and preparing for YouTube (2-3 hours / each): Depending on the length of the video, this can also be a lengthy process. While the video is uploading, we still have to get our title, description, tags and settings of the video in order to get the most out of each video.
- Writing a blog post (3-8 hours / each): I’ll admit, I’ve been completely neglectful of our blog posts. It’s been so hard to keep up with everything. But hubby and I are working on a new system to get things back on track. But it still is a lengthy process to get each post written and optimized for search engines.
- Store Shipments & Inventory (2 – 3 hours / day): We are extremely grateful for the support our shop has received. We personally ship each order so time has to be set aside each day to ensure all of our customers receive their orders as quickly as possible. Customer service is key!
- Responding to comments and emails (5 hours /week): I try my best to engage with everyone. I love the creator community and love hearing from each of you. So this take a little time here and there to keep up with everyone.
- Site maintenance (1 – 2 hours / day): So the entire site design and maintenance is handled by Hubby! I’m super grateful for that, because I have no idea how he makes it all run. I just put in my requests and he waves some kind of tech magic wand and poof! Site updated. But all jokes aside, Hubby devotes a lot of time, energy and extreme concentration to keep it all running smoothly.
Financial Cost of Our Blog
- Sony A7Sii 4K Camera ($3000): This is the camera body we use for all of our intros, photography and brand integration advertisements.
- Sony AX53 4K Handycam ($1000): This is our main nail and vlog camera. This camera is our little workhorse. It’s the perfect all around camera for our channel and gets the most use.
- Sony CX440 HD Handycam ($200): We use this little camera for vlogs. It’s small, light and portable so it’s a great 2nd camera to pick up when our workhorse is also being used at that moment.
- DSLR lens ($500): The main camera is pretty useless without a lens. So, that’s an additional expense to complete the camera.
- Camera accessories ($1000): This includes tripods, lights,camera microphones, batteries, SD cards, backpacks, etc.
- MXL Genesis Microphone ($500): This is the mic I use to record all of the voice overs for my YouTube videos. We feel it’s extremely important have clean audio in our videos.
- Website Hosting ($100.00/month): These are the monthly fees we incur to have our site online and have it secure so that our customers are completely secure while browsing and shopping on our site. It also includes the branded email accounts we use to communicate with all of you.
- Domain name ($13/year): This is our yearly registration fee to use the site name longhairprettynails.com
- Adobe Creative Suite ($50/month): We use the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite to edit all of our content.
Ways You Can Help Support Our Channel
There are a few ways that you can support us. We have an online shop! If you have an interest in any of the items in our store; Great! We would love for you to give our products a try. If you don’t have a need for our products, we completely understand. Here are some other ways you can show your support for our blog.
Share, Follow & Contribute
One of the easiest ways to support our blog is simply by sharing our content. This simply helps us grow and reach other people that may be interested in our content. You will find social media icons on videos and pages that you can click to share our posts on most any social media channel.
Shop through our link on Amazon.com
By shopping through this banner, we will receive a small commission (4-6%) for our efforts on the blog. This doesn’t cost any extra to you… your Amazon order will cost exactly the same but we simply get a small commission, which is extremely helpful.
- Click on the Amazon Banner above ↑. It will open in a new window and it will simply look like the homepage of Amazon, but there will be a unique tracking code that is associated with our site!
- Save as a bookmark in your browser. Press (“Ctrl + D on Windows” or “Command + D on Mac”) on your keyboard to bookmark the link. Name it something like “Amazon – LongHairPrettyNails”
- Any time you go to Amazon to make a purchase, access Amazon through that link and we should receive a commission on your order at no additional cost to you.
Make a donation through our site.
If you want to send a cash “thank you”, feel free to send it directly through our site using the form below. It will take you through the normal checkout process to complete your donation.
If you would like to show support of my YouTube channel and Blog, you can donate here. Thank you for your support!